HANGER STEAK, CURED ORANGE & CABBAGE SALAD
Four 8 oz hanger steaks
Marinade (see recipe below)
Cured Oranges (see recipe below)
½ red onion, julienned
1 jalapeno, sliced into thin rings
¼ cup lime juice
¾ tsp salt
2 cups purple cabbage, julienned
Fresh cilantro sprigs
Salt & Pepper
- Prepare Marinade and let steaks marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Prepare Cured Oranges and refrigerate.
- Toss red onions and jalapenos in a bowl with lime juice and salt and refrigerate.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking. Lightly pat steaks with a paper towel to remove excess marinade. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Grill steaks over medium-high heat and cook to desired temperature. Let steaks rest.
- In a bowl, combine cabbage, cured oranges, and cilantro sprigs.
- Pour marinated onions and jalapenos with the lime juice into the cabbage salad. Adjust seasoning with salt if necessary.
- To plate: place steak on plate and top with salad.
4-6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
¼ cup sugar
½ cup oyster sauce
1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
Mix all ingredients together well.
1 navel orange, thinly sliced with rind attached
1 teaspoon salt
9 teaspoons sugar
In a bowl, whisk salt and sugar together and then add orange slices, making sure that each slice is individually coated. Cover and let sit in refrigerator for at least one hour.